ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF
The administrative support staff is responsible for the non-clinical aspects of the day to day operations in the office.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the revenue cycle
- Supervision of patient scheduling, registration, financial counseling, medical records, billing and collection, data entry and processing, and cash posting
- Coordination of the day to day operations of the practice
- Promoting excellent customer service by all levels of the staff
- Develops, implements, and maintains office policies and procedures
- Maintains and manages all filing and organizational systems for the practice
- Ensures patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting when there is a complaint and developing process improvements to prevent recurrences.
- Coordinates staff meetings for administrative and clinical staff
- Coordinates logistics for internal and external meetings and conferences
- Assists in special projects
- Experience in a medical office setting preferred.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of billing.
- Knowledge of regulations related to Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and labor law
- Strong customer service skills
- Skill in using healthcare software and computer systems
- Knowledge of maintaining supplies
- Multitasking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Professional communication and presentation skills, including face to face, email, telephone, and video conference.
- Knowledge of continuous process improvement concepts and practices
- Ability to communicate professionally with clinicians, administrative staff, frontline staff, contractors, governmental agencies, insurance payers, patients, family members of patients, suppliers, and the general public, of all age levels from child to senior citizen.